Accounting data is extremely valuable to a company’s decision-makers. Most of the time, these are executives at the operations management level. Project accounting is one of the many different types of bookkeeping. This is a sort of accounting that keeps track of the financial status of projects and generates reports. It is carried out on a project-by-project basis.
Furthermore, it allows for the facilitation and general integration of essential project responsibilities. Project accounting is now done with the help of specialist accounting project management software. We will discuss some of the top Project management tools for accounting firms below.
1. Jetpack Workflow
So, if you are a small accounting firm or a business with limited accounting needs, Jetpack workflow is the most affordable accounting software for you.
Jetpack Workflow is a cloud-based workflow and practice management software system that helps accounting firms handle assignments and connect with clients more effectively.
- With Zapier, it integrates with QuickBooks Online, Google Workspace, and over 3,000 other apps.
- Task dependencies show what must be done before and after a given task is completed.
- The pricing structure is both affordable and transparent.
- The reports are not editable.
- Templates for assigned jobs cannot be updated.
SmartTask is a fantastic collaboration tool for accounting. It also aims to educate your team members on their given tasks to assist you to get your projects closer to completion.
SmartTask simply makes it simple to retrieve information without being swamped by clumsy spreadsheets and complicated project management software.
With SmartTask’s task comments, you’ll be able to keep your team up to date on the most recent project information.
- In SmartTask, you can effortlessly create tasks and sort them by priority, due date, project, and assignee.
- SmartTask works seamlessly with Dropbox, Mailchimp, and Google Calendar, making your life easier while also improving your productivity.
- SmartTask requires you to have Internet access at all times. Otherwise, you won’t be able to work on your projects because there isn’t an offline mode.
- SmartTask is not available on mobile phones.
TeamingWay stands out because of the features it offers and the way it makes teams of any firm stronger. As a Project management tool for an accounting firm, it offers the task recurring, goals management, tasks organization, and proper tracking of all the documents or communication between the team.
No matter where you are, TeamingWay can help you make your way to the concerned team members.
- Collaboration is being redefined to help teams work smarter and achieve more together. For teams searching for an all-in-one integrated platform, TeamingWay offers a toolkit.
- One of the best features is file storage, which easily outperforms any other tool on the market.
- Slack, Monday, Asana, Zoom, and MSFT Teams are no longer required.
- It doesn’t offer web-based solutions for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- There is no free version available for TeamingWay.
4. Zoho Projects
It is mainly a project management tool, but many amazing features also make it a Project management tool for business too.
It allows users to schedule chores, make a budget, create tasks, allocate them to members, and set due dates thanks to its multiple capabilities. Because it automates document processes such as access management, revision tracking, and search and retrieval, Zoho Projects stands apart from competing tools.
- Integrate all aspects of the customer/prospect interaction.
- Offers the Functionality for Mail merges and email templates.
- Stay aware of where you stand in terms of leads, deals, and clients.
- Bug reporting requires improvement. Bugs in websites and apps are unavoidable during program development, but there should be a clear bug tracking and reporting process in place.
- It can become too technical for a non-technical person at times.
MeisterTask, best described as a cloud-hosted platform for task and project management, is intended to provide administrators with complete control over all stages of their projects.
The platform provides a plethora of project management tools such as reporting, automation, and integration, as well as integration with third-party apps such as Google Drive and Dropbox to help you streamline your workflow. Most importantly, it is simple to use.
- All members of the team may see the project boards, which allow them to see where they stand in terms of project status, progress, tasks, assignments, and due dates.
- The platform has a central hub where all of your data goes, allowing any team member to access files and updates from anywhere in the world.
- MeisterTask allows teams to collaborate on a project by allowing several users to access the same account.
- Can be very expensive for large businesses.
- Many customers choose to use MeisterTask on their desktop rather than in their browser. If you try to access Preferences or Statistics from the desktop program, you will be redirected to the browser, which is inconvenient.
Are you the one looking for a tool that can help you manage difficult documentation of accounts? Workzone can help. Workzone has been regarded as one of the most battle-tested and mature online project management systems on the market.
This solution may also be used to break down projects into tasks and subtasks, assign tasks, and get task reminders. You can connect tasks to see how one change affects the rest of your projects. It automatically sends out notifications if jobs are late, and it allows project managers to rapidly identify tasks that need to be completed.
- WorkZone excels in project management basics such as scheduling and time management.
- You can have the software send you an email every day with a list of the tasks you need to complete that day.
- Workzone allows the account’s admin to choose which clients/projects each user with an account may see, allowing each user to focus on the tasks they’re working on without being distracted by other things.
- The project name must be included next to the task because your task list does not indicate it, thus you must manually include the project name in the task name.
- Invoicing several vendors, as one would do at an advertising firm, is not always easy or possible.
Last but not least in our list; Asana is a cloud-based project management tool for accounting that lets users work together on projects in a virtual environment. Basically, Asana allows a project manager to create tasks as part of a larger project, assign them to specific team members, also set a particular deadline for them.
Teams can work on tasks together by leaving comments for easy communication and sharing documents. Users receive reminders about approaching deadlines as well as the status of their assigned task in their email.
- The Asana app also allows corporations and teams to track how they spend their time. Jobs, duties, and responsibilities are all divided into projects to ensure that you don’t miss anything.
- Asana may keep information about your company’s projects, clients, and workers securely.
- The dashboard in Asana allows you to keep track of every action taken by each team member and project. Apart from that, the dashboard is simple to use for requesting new assignments and keeping track of your progress.
- Asana isn’t suitable for small groups or single projects.
- Exports from Asana are available in a variety of formats, although they are limited to CSV and JSON.
Now that you know better, choose a collaboration tool for the accounting growth of your firm wisely. The above-mentioned tools are used by various accounting firms for different reasons. You have to figure out your needs and choose the tool accordingly.
Many project management tools have a plethora of features hence making the tool highly technical sometimes. However, TeamingWay is the way for all people and it offers convenience by focusing on the useful features and creating less but valuable features to make the tool user-friendly for all.